As proclaimed and confirmed by many, a Rudraksha is a divine tool comprised of divine energies. It is believed to have originated out of the tears from the eyes of Lord Shiva which fell on the earth’s surface. Also, they are comprised of distinct physical and metaphysical properties with which it creates certain positive impacts on its wearers. The intensity of its impact is so strong that it can also be influential on the impact that different planets create out of their respective positioning in one’s horoscope. With all such aspects, many claim it to be more powerful and influential than any Yantra, Mantra, Tantra, or gemstones.
In order to derive any of these impacts, it is essential to strictly abide by its wearing process. Astrology has prescribed certain rules of wearing Rudraksha. As there are different forms of beads, rules applicable for one form are not necessarily standardized for other forms. Take a look at the regular guidelines which are necessarily required to be followed for wearing a Rudraksha.
1. One should only wear an energized and purified form of a Rudraksha bead. An energized form is attained by performing Siddhi, which primarily involves contemplation, worships, and chanting of Mantras.
2. One should wear it only on the day as prescribed by astrology. Different forms are assigned with different days. Take a look.
• Sunday - 1 Mukhi, 8 Mukhi, 12 Mukhi.
• Monday - 2 Mukhi, 5 Mukhi, 11 Mukhi,
• Tuesday - 6 Mukhi, 13 Mukhi, 14 Mukhi.
• Wednesday - 4 Mukhi, 10 Mukhi.
• Thursday - 3 Mukhi.
• Friday - 9 Mukhi.
• Saturday - 7 Mukhi.
3. Similarly, there are certain auspicious occasions on which (irruptive of the day when they are falling), one can wear certain forms of Rudraksha.
• Shiva Ratri - 1 Mukhi, 2 Mukhi, 11 Mukhi.
• Deepawali - 1 Mukhi, 7 Mukhi.
• Datta Jayanthi - 3 Mukhi, 5 Mukhi.
• Guru Poornima - 4 Mukhi.
• Skandha Shashthi - 6 Mukhi, 13 Mukhi.
• Ganesh Chaturthi - 8 Mukhi.
• Navaratri - 9 Mukhi.
• Shayana Ekadashi - 10 Mukhi.
• Ratha Saptami - 12 Mukhi.
• Hanuman Jayanati - 14 Mukhi.
4. The early hours of the morning while the sun is rising, wearing of Rudraksha is considered as auspicious. More precisely, almost all the Rudraksha forms can be worn in between 0600 hours and 0730 hours on the above stated days or occasions. However, 8 Mukhi form should be worn in the evening only in between 1630 hours and 1800 hours.
5. Worshipping the associated deity with complete devotion and belief is as important as the day and time factors. Every form is astrologically associated with one prime deity who is believed to hold his/her blessings with that form. Worshipping them at the time of wearing is considered to be auspicious. Doing so ensures that wearer gets conferred with the utmost possible benefits of the Rudraksha with the blessings of the concerned deity.
• 1 Mukhi - Lord Shiva, Goddess Laxmi.
• 2 Mukhi - Umamaheshwara
• 3 Mukhi - Dattatreya
• 4 Mukhi - Rudrabhisheka
• 5 Mukhi - Rudrabhisheka
• 6 Mukhi - Subrahmanya
• 7 Mukhi - Goddess Laxmi
• 8 Mukhi - Vinayaka
• 9 Mukhi - Goddess Durga
• 10 Mukhi - Rudrabhisheka
• 11 Mukhi - Rudrabhisheka
• 12 Mukhi - Lord Surya
• 13 Mukhi - Subrahmanya
• 14 Mukhi - Lord Anjaneya
6. One should not wear Rudraksha at the time of sleeping, or having sex, or during menstrual cycle. At that time, it should be kept in the worship place. One should also not wear it at someone’s funeral or at cremation place. Also, it should not be worn at the time of visiting a new born.
7. At the time of wearing it in the morning after taking a bath and at the time of removing it in the night, one should chant the concerned Mantra for at least nine times. One should take some time out to routinely offer prayers to it by chanting Mantras and by offering incense stick(s) or ghee lamp(s).
8. Mere wearing it is not sufficient. One should also live an ideal life. One should avoid consuming alcohol and eating non-vegetarian food. Also, one should abide by truth.
9. It is not necessarily required to be worn. Some find it to be allergenic. In such cases, one can have it, but one should not wear it. Instead, it should be kept in the worship place of the house.